Should Scotland be an Independent Country Debate
7-9.30 pm, 24 March
Mitchell Theatre, 6 Granville Street, Glasgow, G3 7EE
Open to all, free of charge. Organised by Glasgow Skeptics, a grassroots-not-for-profit organisation committed to promoting understanding, critical thinking, and freedom of expression.
Debating the question will be:
* Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh, Yes Scotland Advisory Board Member & SNP MEP Candidate
* Patrick Harvie MSP, co-convenor of the Scottish Green Party
* Jonathon Shafi, Radical Independence Campaign
* Jackson Carlaw MSP, Deputy Leader of the Scottish Conservatives
* Jackie Ballie MSP, Scottish Labour Party, Shadow Cabinet Secretary for Health
* Willie Rennie MSP, Leader of the Scottish Liberal Democrats
Chairing the debate will be Dr Neil McGarvey of the University of Strathclyde. Neil is an expert in Scottish Politics and Local Government, and is co-author of “the leading textbook on Scottish Politics”.
– – –
Doors open at 19:00
First come, first seated.