With independence, the Scottish Parliament will have all the powers we need in Scotland to make life better for the people who live here.
In an independent Scotland we will have:
- better childcare – reduced costs for families and improve support for people with children to return to work
- reduced energy bills by an average of five per cent
- protected your state pension, with stronger guarantees that the real value of your pension will not fall
- minimum wage rises in line with inflation
- protecting the value of benefits, tax allowances and tax credits by uprating these in line with inflation
- building a fairer Scotland by halting the roll out of Universal Credit, scrapping the ‘bedroom tax’